Who We Are
BarCamp Manchester is an unincorporated organisation run by volunteers, and under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we act as a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of running BarCamp Manchester.
What We May Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Whether or not you are under 16, collected via a Google Form, which will be deleted following the event.
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Name and email address of authorised signatory
- Details of any correspondence between us
Where you are registering for a ticket for our event, we will only collect and process the personal data we require in order to provide you with the appropriate tickets and to fulfil our obligations to you at the event. Where you are sponsoring one of our events, we will only collect and process the personal data we require in order that we can fulfil our obligations to you under our sponsorship agreement.
How We Use What We Collect
We use information about you to:
- Confirm your attendance at the event
- Carry out our contracts (for example, providing you with tickets to our events or under a sponsorship agreement) with you.
- Communicate messages about the event and future events, including from our sponsors
- Ensure that we have the correct safeguards in place at our events
We may take photographs to use for publicity for future events and on social media. Please let us know at registration if you do not wish to be photographed. If you wish a photograph to be removed, please contact us.
Please note that other attendees may also privately take photographs at the event.